This GDPR (EU) policy statement applies solely to users accessing this site from countries that adhere to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 laws.
Rights to privacy
VEGA srl (“VEGA ”) is the solely owner and administrator of the website www.vegacer.com and understands the importance of protecting individual’s rights to privacy. This policy sets out how we aim to protect the privacy of any personal information that you, a member of the EU, discloses to us while visiting the website at www.vegacer.com (”Website”).
Our policy may continue to be updated from time to time.
This document refers to the company, VEGA and to the Web site www.vegacer.com and all software created by, maintained by, resold by, licensed to and developed by VEGA . Explicitly this refers to our Web site www.vegacer.com
VEGA provides a service to Users. In order to facilitate the use of the portal, our software is required to collect and store the personal data of these Customers who sign up to our software through the Website.
For data stored on our platform, VEGA will accesses the Users information for support purposes only. Additionally, upon being given a User’s express consent to do so, we may also access this data to send targeted emails to notify users of upcoming events.
We do not share Customers personal data with your direct competitors. Nor do we share User’s (user’s) personal data.
VEGA as Data Controller
VEGA acts as Data Controller for potential and existing Users information. This means that when a client makes an enquiry with us or becomes a contracted client, we store certain information about them. We use third party platforms to gather and collect this information. Information about these third parties has been detailed below.
VEGA Marketing and Data Opt-In
We use third parties to ensure the safe storage of your information for communication and legal purposes. We have done our due diligence to ensure that these third parties conduct business in ways that are compliant with the GDPR.
Personal Data Stored on our CRM ( “Computer Remote Machine” )
We use a third-party CRM to securely store client information in order to better serve our prospective and existing clients. For Users, information stored in our CRM includes, but is not limited to:
- First and Last name for data integrity and security purposes;
- Company or Private name for legal purposes;
- Email address as a primary method of contact;
- PEC email address (valid only for Italian companies ) in case of contacts for legal purposes
- Telephone number as a secondary method of contact;
- Business Physical Address for those who have expressly opted into direct mail;
- Business Mailing Address for those who have expressly opted into direct mail;
For Users in our CRM who have not expressly provided a physical or mailing address, and if we need to get in touch, it will be assumed that the contact details is as per the company or private information displayed on public sources such as the relevant company website, social media and/or listed company check websites.
Personal Data Stored for Email Marketing
We use a third-party email provider to send marketing emails to our customers. Clients may also be tagged into platform specific groups for relevant contact when there is a legitimate reason to do so.
People who wish to subscribe to our mailing list must do so explicitly through our website. VEGA will send marketing emails to customers only when a legitimate interest has been expressed. Interest can be expressed by entering your email address in the newsletter subscription form.
Information stored on our email marketing lists include:
- First name for data integrity and customer identification purposes;
- Last namefor data integrity and customer identification purposes ;
- Company namefor data integrity and customer identification purposes;
- Email address as a primary method of contact;
We also use an additional third-party platform to ensure the automated and safe transfer of personal information between our CRM and email marketing platform.
We have done our due diligence to ensure that any third-party platforms that we use continue to adhere to standards set by the GDPR.
VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com does not provide Client information to third party affiliates for marketing purposes of any kind, unless we have the express written consent of that client. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe links included in these emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only approved staff-members have access to the personal data and information of the client details listed above.
Can you access the personal information about you that VEGA holds?
Under the GDPR, you have the right to access your personal information that is collected and held by VEGA . All individuals can request to access the data we may hold about them. They may also ensure that it is current, collect and complete. An individual may also request to opt-out and revoke their express consent at any time. An individual may also request that specific data relating to them can be updated, modified and deleted. If your personal information is out-of-date or incorrect, you may inform us of this and we will correct it for you. If, at any time, you would like to access the personal information about you please contact us at: email@example.com
All requests for access or amendments to personal information:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly and in a confidential manner;
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and VEGA Web site – vegacer.com, if applicable.
To obtain access to, or to amend, your personal information, you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected.
VEGA as Data Processor
VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com acts as Data Processor for our contracted clients when they use our Web site to run timed and webcast sales. For the users who sign up to our platform, our contracted clients act as Data Controllers for these individuals. VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com will do our best to ensure that data is processed in the platform according to GDPR guidelines.
VEGA provides an online auction that involves the storage of Customer data. Within the system, we act as the Data Processor and as the Data Controllers. As Part of our GDPR duties, Web site users must be aware of the following:
- VEGA does share any data collected within our platform.
- VEGA does not access customer information unless it is explicitly requested by the end-customer themselves via a support request.
- The platform provides numerous opportunities for Customers to expressly opt-in to email marketing.
- Our platform has been revised to ensure that data is processed in a manner that is legal, fair and transparent.
- When users sign up to the platform, the information stored on the platform is requested for an explicit, legitimate purpose.
- We only request the information that is lawfully necessary to ensure the smooth running of an online auction.
- The platform allows users to expressly opt in to certain marketing communications in a way that complies with GDPR responsibilities.
- We protect User data within our system by using appropriate security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful access as well as including accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Any parties related to VEGA Web site – vegacer.com will only ever access user information stored within the system in response to a support issue that cannot be resolved internally.
Personal Data Stored on our Web site – www.vegacer.com
When Customers sign up to use our Web site – www.vegacer.com, they will be required to provide Personal Data. The following is an exhaustive list of the data that will be requested when Customers sign up to our Web site – www.vegacer.com:
- Username: a unique reference for a user’s online auction bidding account. It is used to identify clients using the system. It may also be used in order to locate an account for support purposes. Usernames are unique and cannot be edited once an account is created for data integrity purposes.
- Email address : a valid email address is required so that an account activation link can be sent to a user’s account. For data integrity and security, the activation email link must be clicked in order to activate an account. Otherwise the bidding account cannot be used without manual activation from an administrator.
Users can opt out of this registration at any time, to proceed with the deactivation of the service you can follow the procedure through the link “Change my data” present in all the newsletters sent by our web platform. Explicit consent is required for users to be contacted by email marketing.
- Password:we securely store a single user bidding account password to allow Customers to identify themselves securely when logging into the auction platform.
- Full name:we require a user’s full name for data integrity and security purposes. It may also be used where any contact of legitimate interest is required (for example when sending a legally accurate invoice.
- Company name:although the company name is not a required field, it may be required by the auctioneer when looking to correctly identify or invoice certain clients.
- Address:We require users to put in their full contact addresses during account creation. This data may be used by auctioneers when there is a legitimate interest to do so.
- Time zone:We require users to add their time zone to display accurate end times of an auction
- Telephone contact details:We require users to enter their telephone contact details for security and data integrity purposes. This data may be used to contact you when there is a legitimate reason to do so (i.e. support, payment).
Do we disclose your personal information to any third parties?
We do not sell or share any of the personal data you provide to us. However, we may disclose your personal information to our related entities.
VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com will not disclose client data unless required for a legitimate support purpose or software issue relating to a specific client account that cannot be rectified by VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com directly. We do not provide any other form of third-party access to Customer or Client information.
What kinds of personal information does VEGA collect?
Generally, the kinds of personal information we collect are your name, organization, address, financial details/information, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address. In some circumstances, we may also hold other personal information provided by you, provided by public sources such as our website. This has been detailed in more detail above. You may request a copy of the information we hold about you at any time by using the contact details found within this policy.
How does VEGA collect personal information?
VEGA collects your personal information when it is submitted using any of the online forms on the Website.
Why does VEGA need personal information?
We collect this information for the purposes of:
- providing a service for users to access (via secure login) to information relating to users’ business with VEGA ;
- subscribing to receive VEGA publications or on behalf of our clients; and
- any other legal requirements.
Security of your personal information
The information collected via the Website is held in either hard copy (i.e. paper) or soft copy (i.e. with our email service provider, in our CRM) or both. VEGA takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Whenever somebody logs into the VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com platform, cookies are automatically collected for security, monitoring and data analytics purposes. For all logged in users, this information will include storing a user’s cookie in way of an auth token, so that when a User visits the same VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com User application again within the same session, opens the application in another tab, or when a page is refreshed, we don’t need to request login credentials again.
When someone accesses www.vegacer.com website, cookies are automatically collected for security, monitoring and data analysis purposes. When you browse our website, a visitor to the website must click “Accept” to have cookies sent to your browser.
Links to other websites
If, at any time, you are not satisfied with VEGA Online Auction’s handling of your personal information, please let us know by using the contact details shown below. Please let us know the details of your concern, and we will investigate and attempt to rectify the issue as soon as possible. VEGA will take all reasonable steps to provide access to your personal information within 72 business hours ( counted only in working days ) .
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding the use of your personal information, or if you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact VEGA Web site – www.vegacer.com at:
- Phone (IT): +39 0444976414
- Company name : VEGA srl
- Address: Via dell’Industria, 14 – Z.I. Scovizze – 36033 Isola Vicentina (VI) – ITALY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org